Wireshark Team recently released Wireshark 4.0.3, the most recent iteration their popular packet analyzer.
The latest version includes many improvements including updates and fixes to various bugs. This ensures that users have a seamless and productive experience.
Wireshark is an open-source packet analyzer that’s free for any platform. Wireshark is not only used for troubleshooting network problems, but it can also analyse and develop software, or protocols to communicate with other users. It can even be used in education to help students learn about cybersecurity.
Wireshark can support a variety of . With Wireshark, security professionals can view details of packets in real time, including:
- Source IP addresses
- Destination IP addresses
- Numbers of ports
- Packet sizes
This tool is used by many organizations to monitor their business’ day-today operations.
Wireshark 4.0.3 Support
Wireshark 4.0.3 packet analyser can be used on all platforms and operating system. Below is a list:
You can not download 32-bit Windows Packages for Wireshark 4.0 or later from the Wireshark official website. As the default version, Qt5.12.2 is currently included with Windows Installers.
This new version has many new features to fix the numerous bugs and vulnerabilities that were introduced. We have listed the following new features in this latest version.
- There are solutions to vulnerability
- How to Fix Bugs
- Current Protocol Support
Below are the security flaws that were fixed in this updated version.
Below are the fixes for bugs in the new version.
- Qt: The coloring rules have been modified. Now the color rule that is applied to the packet corresponds with the previous coloring rules.
- For extcap interfaces, the help file does not display.
- Always use the Host.
- Wireshark Expert Information – You cannot select the limit that will display the filter tickbox.
- Wrong pointer conversion in get_data_source_tvb_by_name()
- An error occurred when decoding the empty UTF8String in a UPER packet.
- When analysing protobuf packets, crash.
- Values in different dissectors that are not initialized
- Endpoints doesn’t support String (GeoIP city/country) ordering.
- Wireshark crashed due to an assertion failure in filter stray plus
- IO Graph: Adding new graphs only until the 10th graph.
- Fuzz job crash output: fuzz-2022-12-30-11007.pcap.
- Q.850: Error in Label for Cause 0x7F
- Initialized values for RTPS and CoAP dissectors.
- Screenshots not available in AppStream metainfo.xml
Below are the latest protocol support features that the current version supports:
- GSM A-bis P – GSL
Users should upgrade to Wireshark 4.0.3 as soon as they can.
Wireshark has spent a lot of time improving the user experience by adding new features to fix bugs. You will miss out on all the improvements and refinements that this version offers.
You can also click the link if you’re interested in the most recent version of the app.
Network Security Checklist